Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! May 2002 be a great year for everyone. (:

Feel free to post a comment about how things were in your area.

Tags:

6 Responses to “Happy New Year!”

My New Year

I’m currently in the middle of a trip out to Oklahoma to see friends and family. I spent the 2001 to 2002 changeover here at my cousin Nathan’s house (I’m typing this in on my laptop hooked up into his home network). We talked a bunch and his wife Stacie made an excellent dinner, with everything from a wonderful salad to an excellent entree of grilled salmon.

I also noticed that they had a few DVDs sitting on the entertainment room’s table, so I decided to give the DVD-ROM on my laptop one more shot. Despite DVDs not working under Windows (burned CDs also do not work on the rarely used W2K partition on this laptop), each DVD played fine under Linux, complete with subtitles, menus, seeking, and every other nifty DVD feature.

I guess it ends up that I kind of got a DVD player for Christmas, so to speak. (:

2. tigert says:

DVD stuff

I guess you used OGLE to play them then? 🙂

I was very pleased to note that there was a debian package for it. It plays fine on my laptop too. Actually, OGLE works better than the macosX player, which is not very mature yet, I had issues with subtitles etc..

Anyway, have a fun rest-of-the-trip 🙂

3. Chuck (aka Pax) says:

Me, Too!

I also had trouble with the subtitles and the Mac OSX DVD player…it’s hard to hear the movie while watching it in a car!

4. Scott says:

Watching DVDs in cars

I was quite suprised to find out how hard it was to listen to DVDs on a laptop in a car. On a recent trip I plugged in my headphones which if I turned up the laptop volume to the max it would blast my ears off at home, and I could just barely make out the words clearly when I played it in the car. I guess you don’t notice how loud the outside really is when your travelling.

5. Stickler says:

May 2002….

May 2002 will not be a great year for anyone, though here’s to hoping it’s an excellent month for everyone. 😛

Haha

Hah! That is funny. I didn’t even think of that.

Here’s hoping that 5:32 on May 19th 2002 will also rock. *grin*