Busy, busy… Need a road trip?

I think I’m in need of a road trip coming up. Maybe even a few excursions every next few weekends. I’ve been sooooo busy at work that I need time to do something else for a little bit. I’m thinking a weekend of driving somewhere, daddling around there, then coming back. I’ll probably take pictures, visit some museum, or just chill out for a bit, then return to work after each weekend. (:

Any suggestions on places to visit (somewhat) nearby? (Well, within a day’s drive or so…)

Tags:

10 Responses to “Busy, busy… Need a road trip?”

1. Josh says:

Oh, the places!

Well, I just got back from Yellowstone National Park, and it was amazing. Its too bad that its not closer though, and one day is just not enough to spend there. I’ve been going every summer for that past 4 years, and I still see new sites everytime.

That also reminds me. I took a whole ton of pictures (about 250) and I’m thinking of setting up a photo gallery like yours. I will probably use your imgconvert script too. I’ll keep you posted!

2. ooartist says:

Place to go

The Lost Sea. The worlds largest underground body of water.
    It’s in good old Tennessee.

Enjoy

3. Trae says:

Macon, GA.

I suggest you come to Macon. See Elise, hear me play some tunes, and hang out 🙂

4. Bryan Fordham says:

or Savannah…

… for a trip to Sushi Zen.

5. Julian says:

Southern New Jersey

😉

6. Anurag Phadke says:

Exotic Locations

Well this may not exactly be a road trip …. but something that can be done in a day or two’s time if you plan to spend a bit more 😉

1.) Take Black Hawk Fighter Plane (should be atleast compatible of Mach3 speed) and fly to Bombay (India)
    2.) Out here, I shall have a helicopter ready for you, so u can visit some of the best scenic beauty in existence ( snapshots allowed 😉 )
    3.) Have food at my place ( complimentary /me runs )
    4.) Leave you back at helipad.
    5.) Take Black Hawk back to ur original location.

🙂
    -Brainless

7. bojordan says:

South Carolina has some wonderful scenic drives, and I hear Charleston is really nice for the whole preserved-South sorta excursion. I hear the coast is touristy, but that usually makes for interesting photo ops, as well.

You’re also within a day’s distance of Asheville and the Smokies. In the coming months, the Blue Ridge Parkway should be in prime color.

8. ravi says:

ACKKKKK!!

hey!! he said needs a day off from all the humdrum of the city!!how *brainless* of you inviting him to one of the most polluted cities in the world!! 😉

9. Adrian Likins says:

hmm, road trip…

well, DC’s not that far away and lots to see there.
    Baltimore is only an hour or so past that…

Atlanta is about 5-6 hours, but I suspect
    you’ve had your fill of GA.

If you havent had a chance to head up to the
    north carolina mountains, might be a good chance…
    Hit the Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore House, go
    pan for gems, all the touristy bits ;->

Theres more civil war battlegrounds in Virginia
    than you can shake a stick at.

Charleston is pretty close. Aside from that, dont
    know much else to see there (you could take
    a place of where I was born!)

Tennessee is close, but the drive kind of sucks.

10. Paul Urban says:

Toronto, Canada

Not sure where u live.. but if you ever want to go somewhere nice.. Try Toronto.. It’s nice here.. and if u go further north great places to take pics.. laydo,Paul