Industrial for Firefox update: version 1.02 1.03!

Version 1.02 1.03 of Industrial for Firefox is now available!

Screenshot of Industrial for Firefox, v1.02

There have been a ton of changes; here are a few recent ones:
* Lots of icon changes
* Updated to work with a more recent Firefox build
* Changed close icon to use GNOME style instead of GIMP style “x”
* Better RSS/Atom feed icon
* More accurate GNOME-like disabled states for icons
* Changes to various UI elements (such as the sidebar title area)
* Menus work in Windows

Thanks to Jaap Haitsma for pointing out a few things earlier, and also for a nice insensitive script and GIMP plugin. (:

Go download Industrial for Firefox v1.03!

Update: It’s now version 1.03, as it fixes the find toolbar bug. Enjoy!

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Industrial for Firefox update: version 1.02 1.03!”

1. Ricky says:

Looks good! My only quibble with it is that the navigation icons don’t look all that hot with small icons. May just be a limitations of the icons themselves, or it may just be me. 😉

2. Garrett says:

The navigation icons are 16×16 and are the standard small versions from GNOME.

I would suggest using the normal size — they look better (because there are more pixels available) and there’s not that much difference in screen real estate, really. (:

3. Artur Brodowski says:

Search is seriously broken in new version:

4. Steffen says:

Please add an install link, like
    install

Also, the find bar is broken in recent builds like Firefox RC2. The whole find.png is displayed on the left and right side of it instead of the close button and the match case checkbox.

5. zebulon says:

Here’s a theme partly based on your work : GNOME-Fx

What do you think about it ?

6. Igor says:

The find dialogue looks a bit funky in my case. Maybe it’s just me but here is a screenshot.

7. Garrett says:

I saw someone reference that problem before, but I haven’t been able to recreate it here. What version of Firefox are you running?

I’ll try to fix that problem today one way or the other.

8. Jared says:

Just saw this now. Haven’t been able to get home to see if I’ve got problems on the Linux side like above, but I am thankful for all the work you’ve put in – works GREAT on Firefox for Windows (pulldowns no longer have the black-bars of death, Find interface seems to work well, etc). I know you’re not developing for Win, but nice to know I can have my Industrialism at work. Thank you.

9. Not too bad, not a huge fan of the Home icons and such – I know they’re Gnome standard – but otherwise very complete, very polished. Like the globe link icons.

Out of curiosity, what’s the extension with the Orange icon in the lower corner? I just installed McSP and it rocks – wondering what else I’m missing 😉

10. Nico says:

The orange icon is the new version of the old “RSS” icon which shows that a website has a RSS feed (it’s called LiveBookmarks in Mozilla).

11. Andrea says:

You have done it, the find bar is fixed now. =)

12. ksmith says:

There appears to be a differance in the size of the stop icon and the inactive stop icon. The toolbar resizes on page loads and then again when the page is done loading. I’m seeing the same behavior using it with firefox on windows and linux.

13. Garrett says:

I haven’t seen it, but I’ll look into this tomorrow.

14. ksmith says:

Well, it could always just be an issue here, stranger things have happened. I made a quick example to show what I was talking about better.

15. James Ross Tomas says:

I’m seeing this too, seems the whole toolbar resizes when the stop icon goes from active to inactive on 1.03 in Linux

16. Chris Easton says:

I see it too, using firefox 1.0 PR with windows. On both small and regular sized icons.

17. ksmith says:

One other thing, the toolbar also resizes when any of the buttons are depressed. Here’s an example of that behavior.

18. seth vidal says:

Everything looks good but I wish you had an up arrow button icon for those of us with the go up extension installed.

19. sam says:

Hi,
    I’ve just installed v1.03, and I have a bug to report. Using FF 1.0RC1 on Debian Gnu/Linux unstable (fresh upgrade), the icons Parent dir, Home dir and New dir in the Save As windows are not displayed, leaving the buttons empty.

Thx for this wonderful theme,
    – Sam

20. sam says:

ph, and btw, find bar is still broken ;(

21. Tom says:

Nice work!
    Only two things. Downloads (Ctrl-Y) crash when right clicked (doesn’t happen wiht default theme).
    And Back and Forwardbuttons change size when clicked, which looks a little bit ugly.

22. nx says:

i have to second that, find bar brokenness didn’t chance with the recent update and in the save dialog, there is no icon for “new folder”, instead the “up” AND “home” icons are displayed

23. nx says:

well… just flushed my old firefox profile (was still from the 0.9* days) and the find bar works now…

24. Tim says:

Right, that sucks.

25. Rene Valois says:

I’m also experiencing the icon glitch in the “Save As…” dialog. The icons do not correct themselves when re-sizing. I’m running Firefox 1.0 RC1, with the 1.0.4 Industrial theme (which absolutely rules, btw).
    Here’s a screenshot of the problem: http://localgod.net/~enntee/Firefox-Save.png