I spent a little while this past evening working on a revision of the Industrial Firefox theme.

The quick list of little changes:
* Priority text for the back icon (as talked about earlier) – this only takes effect if the widgets are in icon-only mode and also set to the small size
* Better padding for the back and forward widgets
* Margin fixing for the toolbar search box – this fixes a too-large bar for both the toolbar and the menu if the search entry is placed in either
* Gnome looking “X” on tabs, if you happen to have TabX installed.

You can grab the latest Industrial (version 1.0.9) from the usual location.

Please note that recent versions of the Industrial Firefox theme require at least Firefox 1.0 to function properly.

By-the-way: If you are using TabX and want to make the default “X” go away, add .tabs-closebutton-box {display: none !important;} to your userChrome.css file (which can be easily edited through the chromEdit extension).

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “New Industrial Firefox theme version: Priority text and other nice little things”

1. Ovidiu says:

Looks nasty with the text below the icon and it disrupts the layout of the toolbar.

2. Michi says:

First, thanks for fixing the toolbar margin!
    Second: priority textlooks good here
    Third: will there be mouse over/active states vor the “x” buttons on the tabs?
    Fourth: winstripe now has an icon for the update notification icon. would be nice if you would add one, too

3. Huh? The text is to the right. You have to click on “ok”; there’s some sort of glitch in toolbar preview mode — it’s correct once you’re done.

4. 1. (:
    2. Great
    3. I tried doing it, but it didn’t work — I plan on looking into it more
    4. Yes, I should add one

5. Ovidiu says:

Yup, you’re right, the preview is buggy. Silly me. 🙁

6. Garrett says:

It’s okay. I noticed that too, but it was late. (Same reason for not having the hover for the native-looking “X” on the TabX extension override.) I’ll try to get an update within the week.

7. James says:

When going to a secure site, the location bar doesn’t turn yellow with this theme. Is that intended, or just a bug in the theme?

8. Mike Rhodes says:

I have the TabX extension installed, and with 1.0.9 of the theme, I get normal TabX close buttons on tabs, which then disappear when I mouse-over them. I think I can make out three or four pixels of the normal Gnome close button just along side the disappeared X.

9. GNOME User says:

I live your firefox theme, is there a chance you’ll make a thunderbird theme?

I think it would complete the way ff/tb look under GNOME

Keep up the good work!

GNOME user

10. Eric says:

Hi, great theme. But there seems to be a “rogue” pixel at the bottom right of the “refresh” button. It’s grey so it doesn’t really show, but like a dead pixel on a sceen it’s the kind of annoying thing you can’t forget.

11. I know exactly what that is and how to fix it. I’ll try to get around to it soon and provide an update. Thanks for pointing it out!

12. Matthew Forrester says:

Hmmmm, only works for version 0.1 to 1.0, I have 0.9.3 (Ubuntu default)