Germany photo trip

I’m thinking of traveling around Germany a bit, to take pictures. Is anyone interested going to be in the Stuttgart area for a couple days (Wednesday and Thursday) after GUADEC?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions where I should go to take awesome pictures in Germany, please leave a comment.

Tags:

14 Responses to “Germany photo trip”

1. Hub says:

Too bad, I leave Wednesday really early in the morning. I would have loved otherwise.

2. rjw says:

Neuschwanstein Castle is beyond incredible for photographing…

3. Nate Nielsen says:

Go south through the black forest. If you travel nearer the Rhein (ie: south from Karlsruhe) there’s lots of places to enter the deep of the black forest. For example Baden Baden is real photogenic. Then hit the castles around there. ‘Eburg’ south of Baden-Baden is a nice remote castle. If you get as far as Triberg then you’ve really had the Black forrest experience. The Schwarzwald Hochstrasse is a scenic drive.

BTW, due south from Stuttgart and you’re mainly in highlands and rolling hills, the true black forrest is further west. Anyway, have fun.

4. knipknap says:

Just back from a very, well, interesting biergarden rally in Stuttgart. Anyway, I suggest:

– not to visit the television tower. Despite being a very common tourist destination it is being restored currently, thus closed.

– maybe visit Wilhelma. It’s a zoo/botanic garden. Google can lead you to the website (English available).

– That’s it. Stuttgart is as boring as any other German city. Have fun.

5. r10k says:

Hi,

well, I’m not from Stuttgart and I haven’t got much time to meet up unfortunately, but maybe here are some tips or places for you to check out:

* Tübingen, south of Stuttgart seems to be a nice little town, has a few timbered houses, small alleysm, etc. Around there is Bebenhausen, an old monastry from the 12th Century. You might want to check out Castle Lictenstein.

* Esslingen (just east of Stuttgart) might be interesting, which is more industrial, if that’s your thing

* Bad Urach is typical for a German town, check out the town center for some scenic timbered houses.

* Definitely check out Ludwigsburg (north of Stuttgart)

TIP: stick to the smaller towns for more scenic stuff, since most larger German cities were flattened in WWII. Germany does have some major gems, and have to dig. If you’re in Cologne one day, look me up and I’ll give you a tour. Oh, btw, if you’re planning on going out into the woods, you might want to check up on some vaccinations. Some ticks carry the FSME virus which can lead to encephalitis (better safe than sorry).

Google pictures is your friend….have fun and have a great time in Germany.

6. jf says:

If you like take a tour to the lake of constanz (Bodensee). Realy nice area there…

7. […] probably one of the best things to do. There were also a lot of other great suggestions from a previous post of mine and we may do some of that tomorrow. If not, then I&#821 […]

8. Nate Nielsen says:

Just a heads up on the tourists…. Neuschwanstein is pretty packed.

But it and the area is definitely beautiful. Make sure to go up to the lake and Hohenschwangau as well.

On the way back, if you’re up for a short little detour, take the loop that goes across the Austrian border I think it’s the L69 through Vils. Takes you much closer to the mountains.

9. William Dewberry says:

Please Visit the best kept secret in Germany, Trier. Trier was the very first German City. The city is over 1800 years old.

10. estetik says:

I have visited Stutgart last year. You should visit the wine garden sure. The metro is wonderful, it arrives just in time! I have been there for a medical congress. Very nice homes (villa’s) to take pictures.

11. estetik says:

Go south through the black forest.

12. malta says: